- USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting 10/100/1000 Ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds (480Mbs)
- Driverless operation with all Chromebooks, some Android Tablets (including ASUS Transformer Prime / Infinity tablets, also NVidia Shield), and Linux 3.3+
- Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 and newer, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP. Not Wii compatible. Driver installation under Windows 10 requires an pre-existing internet connection through wireless or another Ethernet connection.
- For adding a wired network interface to a wireless-only system, replace a bad port, for higher performance, or for peer-peer use
- ASIX AX88178 Controller and Realtek RTL8211CL PHY – Jumbo packets up to 9KB on Windows. Suspend mode and remote wakeup
Add a network interface to your computer via USB. Common uses include adding wired network support to Chromebooks and Android tablets, improving speeds vs. 10/100 adapters and wireless networks, replacing a broken internal network card, adding a separately routable network interface, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. It is not a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
Plug into any USB 2.0 laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit ethernet network. USB 2.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 480Mbs. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbs Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbs Gigabit ethernet via USB. Also works on 10/100 ethernet networks at their native speeds.
Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, and Win98SE. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface).
Mac OS X 10.6+ 32/64-bit requires latest driver via download. Please use the latest ver 2.2.0 driver for macOS 10.12.
Linux kernels prior to 3.3 require rebuild of kernel module from source.
Not compatible with Tivo Series 2, or Wii.
Works using built-in drivers (no install needed) for all Google Chromebook systems, Google Nexus Player, nVidia Shield, many Android systems, and systems with Linux kernel 3.3 and higher.
Included in Package
USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with standard USB type A connector to PC and female RJ45 jack to network, Quick Install Guide, and Driver Disk for Windows and Mac.